Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thankfulness Post 2

Advance warning: This post will be shorter because my fingers are really sore from helping someone move today.

So in an effort to give emphasis to the less obvious things that I am thankful for I'm going to focus these posts on the more obscure joys of my life. I mean my family, my friends, music, and the like are all awesome but that's something everyone posts about. So today I am thankful for something most of you probably will think is weird but I'm thankful for bathrobes. Why bathrobes? your probably thinking. Well simply because bathrobes are awesome, Most people think bathrobes are just for, well....when you take a bath but this is simply not the case. Bathrobes are the equivalent of a less constricting snuggie that can be worn, all the time, at all hours of the day or night. I wear mine on top of whatever normal clothes I'm wearing and since we dont really turn the heat on in my house unless we really really have to, as the winter gets colder my bathrobe becomes one of my best friends. For anyone who has been to my house for along time or come to my house when I didn't know you were coming, you've probably seen me in my bathrobe I tried to find a picture but sadly, pictures dont really help describe its coolness. Basically its big, its black, its fleece, its fluffy and its got pockets big enough to hold anything I want. Whether I need to conceal some chocolate on my way from the kitchen to my room or if I'm just needing to carry around a book the pockets on a bathrobe are perfect. Obviously for anyone who isn't homeschooled a bathrobe is more difficult to utilize, wearing it to school wouldn't go over very well but for homeschoolers who's parents don't make them dress up for school a bathrobe is like the ultimate combination of comfort and efficiency.

So there you have it, never underestimate the bathrobe I mean it worked pretty well for the thousands of years before pants became popular.

3 comments:

  1. ha! This is really funny, Caleb...I actually laughed out loud when you said "I'm thankful for bathrobes..." very random :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol wait since when were bathrobes invented before pants?

    ReplyDelete
  3. well perhaps not bathrobes in the strictest sense of the definition but something that was essentially a bathrobe was worn by European Rulers since the fall of the Roman Empire. Also robes resembling a bathrobe were being worn in the Middle East and Asia for who knows how long.

    lol well if randomness is a problem Bre I can stop. :)

    ReplyDelete