Tuesday, November 2, 2010

October

Its not fair, I finally have sweet things to post about yet the camera is not working and I dont know how to fix it and now you guys can't see pictures of all the cool things I've been doing in the month of October. I guess that means I'll just have to describe them. Oh well, I guess now you'll just have to believe what I say because you'll have no pictures or eyewitness to prove me wrong, hehehe.

Well I've been busy since returning from Europe in addition to school I've invested in a few extra curricular activities, such as dundudndundudndudnudn!!! (drum roll) Ka'nitting, piano and shooting.

Ka'nitting which is the proper way of pronouncing knitting is something I learned how to do awhile ago but never took the time to learn the secrets of the trade. I have yet to entirely master the trade buuuuuttt restrain your judgmental glances and refrain from calling me a fake knitter because I actually made something more complicated then a square or a rectangle and I am very proud of it. Its a sleeve that you button around a mug to keep your hands from burning when you hold it. Not only is it practical its also handsome, being purple with cables and a big black button. Flawless in its symmetry it reigns supreme over my desktop, from its coaster throne brought all the way from Dublin Ireland it surveys its territory and scoffs at the unknitted balls of yarn which remain void of purpose shapeless in their randomness.

Piano has been really sporadic since school ended last year. Either I would practice hours and hours or I wouldn't practice at all for a whole week. Needless to say that habbit hasn't allowed me to really get far in my most challenging peice I"m learning, Pathetique Sonata 8 by Beethoven. I think I printed out the sheet music in maybe February of this year and since then I've progressed really slowly through it. However I'm relatively close to being done at least being able to play the first eight pages which is probably as far as I will go. I can play through page six pretty well it just has to be perfected and I have yet to touch page 7 and 8 but I don't think they'll be to difficult. I hope to have that done by Christmas cause I'll have lots of time to practice over Christmas break.

Shooting you ask? well yes that was a bit of an unlooked for event. My moms siblings came over with their families and they had apparently forgotten my birthday (I hadn't noticed, their very good to me) so I was just sitting their, minding my own business, drinking my coffee when they come with the oddest looking present ever. Upon opening it I discovered it to be my great grandfathers Diana 35, an original German made air gun. Not powerful enough to be considiered an actual firearm it can still kill that dumb woodpecker that goes "bangedy bangedy bang bang bang" all day while I'm sitting at my desk. So I got to go shoot that with my friend who knows everything to know about guns and I had a sweet picture of my targets. *sigh* well my best target had three bulls eyes which I was really pleased with because it was windy and the conditions were not ideal for shooting. Needless to say it was a good day and now I have a semi legit weapon in my closet.


Their you have it, pretty exciting, at least for me.

3 comments:

  1. Pathetique eh? Hmm. That was the second piano piece I learned. It's a sweet piece. I'm curious to hear you play some of it when I get back...

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool I wish I could see that thing you knitted!!!
    you killed a wood pecker??!?!

    can you post some picture soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang, you beat me to cables. :P
    dudddeeee... i know i've told you this, but i really wanna see your gun!

    ReplyDelete