Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thankfulness Post 1

So I suppose I have to do this fourteen days of thankfullessness thingy as well, although I dont think it should necessarily be limited to fourteen days. So what am I thankful for? Methinks I ought to be thankful for everything, I mean what is in existence that is not allowed by God? and if it is allowed by God then who am I not be thankful for it? I think we often limit ourselves to being thankful for very specific things and thus miss out on so many of the blessings that God has given us. Now I'm not saying we are happy all the time with the things God gives us but knowing that they are from Him makes them special and worthy of notice whether we enjoy them or not. So I guess what I'm thankful for is life in general, complete with happy times and sad times it all makes up who I am right now and since I know without a doubt that right now I'm a servant of the living God and thats pretty awesome, it enables me to be thankful for everything. At least until I forget I am His servant and therefore lose my joy so I guess the struggle is not in being thankful instead its remembering who's I am and when I do that I can be thankful all the time.

Perhaps that's to big and grand for so small a small paragraph so to satisfy everyone who isn't yet happy with this blog post I will tell you about something I am particularly thankful for because of an experience that happened this morning. Today I am particularly thankful for alarm clocks. As much as I think modern technology is a detriment to our spiritual state I do think that alarm clocks are one of the most helpful inventions ever. For instance this morning I didn't set one or it was turned off or I just slept through it either way I woke up an hour and a half late making my day much more difficult and busy. I do not have a picture sadly because I dont even have an alarm clock I use my phone. I actually use it more as an alarm clock then a phone.

So day one thankfulness post summary I'm trying to be thankful for everything, I am thankful right now for alarm clocks cause they keep me from oversleeping and being all grumpy when I wake up.




Alright I'm gonna try again, here are the pictures from two of my ventures which have reaped substantial profit. I went shooting with Master Davenport who has more knowledge about guns in his left pinky then I ever will. Despite his obvious superiority we had a blast, hehehe no pun intended. Totally didn't mean to do that. lol
Me trying to look legit with my great grandfathers Diana 35 a German made air rifle circa 1940.

Our armaments, Diana 35, The Russia and two weenie pellet pistols.


My target from roughly ten yards, for a noob shooting in the wind I was told this was pretty good.

These next couple pictures are from a tea sleeve I made. I took the pictures just beofre I tried to make the button hole, I knew I'd probably mess up the whole thing with the button hole so I wouldn't to have some pictures before I had to tear it apart. Fortunately I only half wrecked it and was able to ship it off as a gift to my sister still functioning, so if its breaks under her care its not my problem.
I used to size seven circular needles, that I got for my birthday, pretty spiffy if you ask me.

Cool Cables

From the back with my pattern and my scribbles representing how many rows I'd done.

Despite the recent posts about the extra curricular actives I've had time to do their are few places I'd rather be then right here in my personalized little cubicle. Despite the fact that its bitter cold most of the time and my chair is a tagsale resale its pretty awesome. We recently got the outlit behind the desk fixed so I can actually use the light you see there and I no longer need the candles.












4 comments:

  1. I see you've joined the ranks of thankful bloggers o.O .
    The pictures worked this time...glad you had a good time

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I had hoped I'd be granted something a bit more prestigious then just being one in the ranks at least a colonel or a captain?

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! the tea sleeve turned out great! and great shots not that i support the use of the device causing them. oh and ps- both of your are crazy for being up at 4 in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! Shweet! You got the pictures to work... Sorry that I wasn't that much help in getting them to work earlier. Nice rifle... ready for a 12 gauge and some clay pigeons? lol. They are really entertaining to explode.
    Anyhow the cables look sweet and life is definitely some to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete