Wednesday, November 10, 2010

An old journal entry

Lately my journal which is really no journal but rather a simple notebook, has been falling apart so two days ago I finished the destructive process and relocated everything into a three ring binder. I found something interesting that I wrote, I think last winter but I'm not sure, theirs no quotation marks on it but I think its from Thomas à Kempis' the Imitation of Christ. So here it is, tell me what you think I found it helpful.

"When a spirit of fervor is kindled within you, you may well meditate on how you will feel when the fervor leaves. Then when this happens remember that the light which I have withdrawn for a time is a warning to you and for My own glory. Such trials are often more beneficial than if you had things always as you wish. For a man's merits are not measured by many visions or consolations or by knowledge of the Holy Scriptures, or by his being in a higher position than others but by the truth of his humility, by his capacity for divine charity, by his consistency in seeking purely and entirely the honor of God, by his disregard and positive contempt of self, and more, by preferring to be despised and humiliated by others rather tan honored by others."

Oh for the record the King Arthur soundtrack is really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment