Wednesday, September 9, 2009

*sighs and scowls*

I'm not exactly sure why I feel so anxious but somethings going on and I'm not sure exactly what it is or how it will turn out so I'm feeling all high strung. However I don't want to dwell on my own emotions cause you wont find those interesting
Sooo... I know its been awhile, I might as well fill you all in on whats been happening in and around the Lagan household recently. Its been a pretty hectic last week or two. Firstly school starting up officially, including Latin and some other new classes which is hectic all by itself. Than we have a missionary family living with us till January which is fun but its different. This past weekend my family went on a church retreat for the first time in seven years. My church has gone to the same place for the past 23 years so it was nice to go back and visit all the old places that I distantly remember from when I was 8. Me and my younger brother both got baptized there which was exciting but kinda weird. I got hugged by more people than I have in my entire life. Plus their were a few of those old ladies, now don't get me wrong I love them and their the nicest people you could ever want to meet but, they come up and sorta grip you on the solders and are like
"I remember when you were just a little tyke and I remember how at some party or something when they put out all the food you skipped all the desserts and took some carrots and broccoli and ate that, and I turned to your mom and right than I knew it and I told your mom, Wenda I said that boy is gonna be special. and see I was right wasn't I?" (no joke)
So I'm standing their trying to recall the name of this dear old lady who obviously has been affiliated with my family for the past five decades and I cant come up with her name.
Than their were the people who didn't get the chance to give me a hug right after the baptism, who in the middle of that day or the next would come up and give you the biggest hug from behind when your just talking to some people or playing cards. Than your trying to remember their name and it ends up in a big debacle. lol its an odd experience let me assure you.

This is awesome I just figured out how to change the font color. or as most of you would say *clears throat* "WEWT!!"

2 comments:

  1. hahaha... I remember seeing that old lady talking to you. I was wondering what she was talking about... it was a good 2-3 minutes she was talking to you. Wasn't aware that she was... recalling broccoli-memoirs of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's funny. I've had similar experiences. (although not brocccali-remembrance ones lol) You're a good writer; it's very enjoyable to read your posts.

    ReplyDelete