Thursday, September 24, 2009

A lesson on patiences

From the chronlogies of Caleb's adventures.

Story I: Wednesday is trash day where I live. If you've ever been to my house you know that my driveway is a pretty steep descent and if you haven't well you'll just have to believe me *chuckles*. So I was carrying out a bag of trash from our kitchen just before seven in the morning and I was sorta rushing caue it was cold and my bare feet were hurting cause of the dew. Now their is a very large and expnasive oak tree in our front yard, I think I showed a picture of it in an earlier post. Now this tree's extensive folliage covers a good portion of our upper driveway. As I was walking toward the trash can with my feet cold and my mind wandering back to my warm bed with a cup of tea and The Institues of Christian Religion by Calvin I literally didn't throw caution to the wind and as I passed under the leafy vestige a gust of wind shook the leafy folliage and down from the branches rained down a barrage of seasonal acorns. Pelting me with nuts on my precious brain box. As I tried to take shelter in the garage I once again made a fatal mistake and forgot to look where I was going. I soon heard the unmistakable *spelch* and the horrible feel of a big fat slimy slug being squesshed up againt my heel.

So remember to look where your going and watch out for oak trees they kinda sneak up on your sometimes.

1 comment: