Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My Testimony

In my testimony I tried as best as I was able in a page and a half to summarize my life, my failures, God's victories and how He brought me to know Him. I tried to be as transparent as possible hope it doesn't sound to prideful or hypocritical.

Three Quarters of a score and eleven days ago God brought forth on this planet a certain child. From then untill now that child has been growing and maturing till he stands before you now as a young man who by the grace of God and the sacrifice of Jesus stands ready to be baptized into the family of God. As a child brought up in the church and by a God fearing family It is hard for me to discern between when I was saved and when I was just living by the rules my family had taught me. I said "the prayer" when I was six and this assurance whether false or not gave me the peace of mind to live the carefree life that most children can enjoy when God has blessed them with a loving family and material positions. When I was ten I allowed the devil to teach me to lust. This lust grew into a desire and from a desire into an addiction including everything that goes along with an addiction. The lifestyle of sin that I led went on for three years. I accepted from the devil an uncanny ability to lie with a straight face and to subdue my emotions. To hide my emotions enabled me to forget all about the many things God had done for me, which allowed me to live for the pleasures of the world.

Here is where I would like to say how God came down from heaven and showed me a vision of what I was and how I was abandoning the mercy that he offers and was willingly walking into darkness but that is not my story. Just around my thirteenth birthday through a combination of multiple things I was showed the error of my ways. Not through any physical manifestation of our awesome God but through God slowly, piece by piece tearing down the walls I had built around my man made hellhole and pouring His grace and His mercy in. When I had realized the utter fool and the enormous insult I was paying to God and the horrible extent of my vanity and the huge amounts of mercy God was showing me by not roasting me where I stood as he did to Sodom and Gomorrah. When I realized how truly holy God was and how the mere fact that he was interested in me and willing sent his son to wash away my uncleanliness, to have the God of the universe who has the power to point his finger and send constellations into the sky to have that God as my savior was a truly life changing revelation. I needed something to symbolize the deliverance I had experienced.Being the militaristic history lover that I am I decided to create an order of Knights. I dubbed myself Sir Caleb Lagan knight of the Crescent Moon.
From that day till now God has been working a miracle in my life. Slowly battering away the walls of deceit I built around myself and replacing them with ones of purity and reverence.

God alone was capable of the miraculous transformation that resurrected my soul. To Him I owe everything and for that reason I'm before you now ready to be baptized and grateful for all who have played their part in teaching me the ways of godliness and proud to say that I'm cleansed of my past, being prepared for the future..

Yet the devil pours forth his shadowy host,
I must stand my ground despite the cost
All heavens in arms is beside me
Christ Jesus is enthroned inside me
With God's Holy word
And a great glimmering sword
I would conquer the world
In the name of the Lord


The Poem is also my first poem in the Epic Warfare blogger game. Its worth ten points.

5 comments:

  1. I have attacked your poem. My attack is located at http://thelittlekid-peter.blogspot.com/. It has not yet been approved by a mod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I s'pose I'll show my approval on both the original and the counter poem. I approve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Caleb, thanks so much for sharing. I love your knighthood!! It's such a great idea! And I love your poem; may I quote it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, sure you can quot me but if you want you can just say you made it up yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh and good job peter, I consider myself vanquished, fortunately only in poetry.

    ReplyDelete