Monday, September 21, 2009

The trash eater

Picture this: its a sunny afternoon the low 70's about 3:30 PM. I'm outside, sitting on a blanket, with my back againts a tree, my sword at my side, studying Latin. I've been out their for about an hour getting kinda bored but not even close to being finished, naturally getting annoyed at our cat who continually tries to get into my lap.Bugs and birds are noisemaking neibors are making whatever hubbub neibors make, cars are going along the street. All of my family is gone on various missions except for me and my two youngest siblings (7 year old twins). Their playing around outside. Than the birds and bugs go silent, our cat scurries away into the garage. I get up and look around and who should come out of the trees but our a lumbering black bear. He was a bit smaller than normal but standing at leasat five feet tall. A hungry male looking for a well stocked trash can. This is the time they normally start coming out more than usual because they start fattening themselves up for hibernation.















This isn't today's visitor but its one we say earlier this year and he looks small but he's big enough to hurt. So when I realize who our visitor was what else would I do but push my younger sibs in the path of the oncoming beastie and flee to my bed where I could hide under my covers.

Not really, since according to Connecticut law were not allowed to touch the bear unless its already attacked us I grabbed my books my sword my sibs and went inside the house were I tried unssucesfully to find my brothers camera. So you are forced to simply beleive my accounts of the tail or tale or whatever it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment