Saturday, August 29, 2009

Mission: Josh's Bed Code named: Kaboom

An excerpt from the Lagan archives.

Two days ago I was sitting on the couch at about eight thirty in the morning. We had gotten up at five that morning to see my sister off to college and so everyone was taking it easy that morning. The house was quit and I was just sitting their thinking than I hear "voom weeeh foom!!!" and throughout the house resounds the "bam bam boom!!" of my four younger siblings running from the basement making space ship noises.To as chance would have it, right next to the couch where I was sitting. Carrying along with them their four cardboard box spaceships. Taking a black marker they began drawing all manner of buttons, dials, robots, soda fountains, food making machines, hot tubs, and indoor pools inside their boxes. They proceed to hold a space battle with the alien army from Gubgub. Than my mom came downstairs , she said "I need some brave space pilots to go blow up Josh's bed" (my older brother)
Jordan said, "approaching galaxy, Josh's Bed. *all four make landing noises* *all four jump out of their boxes* "This will be a ground mission boys." says newly proclaimed Gold Leader, Jordan.
Once again the Bam Boom Stomp Bang of four pairs of bare feet running upstairs. Slowly gets fainter as they get to the far end of the house. I hear a distant cry "BONZI!!" Ezra begans a countdown as all four sprint out of the room and jump from the top of our stairs "Three two one, explosion sound effect, BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM" as all four jump from the top of our stairs landing with a thud. They trot back to their ships slapping each other on the back and doing beaf (a secret handshake that's pronounced the same as beef). Josh came downstairs a few minutes later. "Mission Success" Says Nathan and off they zoom at hyper speed to sector 4q

2 comments: