Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Back-packing

I just need to post something so I'll tell you about my recent trip into the forests of New England. I just returned from backpacking. For those of you who for some weird reason dont know what that is I'll explain. Its basically a multiple day hike and you camp on the side of the trailw when darkness comes. Since your going camping you have to carry a bunch of stuff so all the packs are really heavy. My advice for all you readers is dont go, unless of course you like walking mile upon mile endlessly only to reach summits without good views and to go back down again to a mosquito infested valley than you do it over again. At least that was my experience. I'd never gone before and this excursion proved a disaster for myself. Not only did I not bring any change of clothes I also brought the wrong type of shoes so my feet have big blisters and cuts on them. The swarms of mosqitos kept us all awake till 2:00 A.M. and they forced me to abandon our lean to and sleep out in the woods.

So take what you will, forthwith I'm not a fan of backpacking. I should be able to get some picture of the trip soon to give you all a taste of what it was like.

No comments:

Post a Comment