Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Few Things

Item Number 1. I learned to Cast Off yesterday.
For a novice knitter that's pretty exciting, I've had a couple squares/shapes/weird practice pieces of knitting that have been slowly unraveling off their needles because I never knew how to Cast Off, now they are safely stored in my dresser drawer and I took one, sowed it and made a sweet arm band.

Real knitters will be like "psh easy peasay, you nooob!" Fake knitters will be jealous and non knitters will be like "lame" but these random newslfases are what blogging is for anyway, so if you dont like, well....tough....hehehe.

Speaking of newsflashes, I have a major one coming up in a sec.....................................*waits for a sec*............................................NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!!!..................................................I've leaving for Europe tomorrow with my two older Brothers Daniel aged 22, Josh aged 18, for a one month tour of old Europe. To see the ruins of the most powerful civilizations ever to call themselves empires and to buy a "pint" of ale in Dublin are our main objectives. Oh and were dropping Josh off at college, he's studying in Thessaloniki this year. We'll be gone from September 9th to October 6th. :( were gonna miss Josh quite a bit, good fellow that he is. *moment of silence for Josh*

Ahem so that's that, were bringing a camera and hoping to post pictures and blogposts along the way. So check this blog occasionally and you might see pictures of us playing frisbee at Thermopylae.

Traveling between the various towns and cities is going to be highly time consuming. To releive the mental strain of riding a ferry for 18 hours, I'm bringing along a few activeties to pass the time.
I. The City of God by St. Augustine.
II. Study Latin, I've made over four hundred flashcards in the past two weeks to review everything from last year
III. Guide to Christian Apologetics by Dough Powell, its a textbook for a class I'm taking this year. (Which everyone who lives nearby should take, cause I dont want it to be just me and Sam)
IV. Read the bible
V. Knit, I managed to fit a ball of yarn into the one bag I'm bringing and I'm gonna try to knit a bunch of squares to make into a blanket when I come home.
VI. Take Pictures
VII. Comb my hair, since I wont be able to shower and I've decided to not cut my hair until I come back, its gonna need tons of brushing to keep it from getting all tangly and painful.

So theirs my to do list while in Europe, hopefully I'll be diligent and not just choose to sleep on all the trains.

In addition to all that, I have to start thinking about the book me and Sam are writing this year for school. The potential Thesis is: The Pursuit of Entertainment/Enjoyment is Detrimental to Christendom. I'm curious whether you all would agree with this statement, whether its clear and makes sense so comment and tell me if its true or false, and whether it is clear and concise and I might comment in reply....if your lucky.

I'm bringing a blank journal to write out all the thoughts ideas and quotes that will be of service so if you comment you'll get your name in that journal and if its a really good comment you might get your name in the book.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, this blog is alive again! That's what I get for discontinuing my weekly checking to see whether it resurrected.

    Jealous! Have loads of fun in Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a real knitter..but I'm not going to call you a noob, cause you aren't. But that's awesome on learning how to cast off!! Yay for learning more in the knitting world :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Entertainment/*enjoyment*? You sneaky sneak, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa. Ireland?! I'm sooo jealous... (but Germany is better) Anyways, have a total blast! oh.. and congrats on learning how to cast off... every knitter has to learn how to at some point in time. =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. woohoo! Congrats on learning to cast off! :)
    and I was very happy to see that knitting was on your to-do list ;) combing your hair? that made me laugh really hard haha!

    ok, I totally want my comment written into your secret notebook that carries all your wise thoughts, but as it is I have nothing to say at the moment... so never mind. But have a blast! drink beer (or whatever they serve down there) but not too much, and bring me home something super cool. that won't break :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments everyone, I guess the g'nomes are not the only one who read this.

    lol thanks Hannah J, I'm sure it is much better, my ancestry is there too so I dont disagree, you'll have to prove it though when you go.

    I'll try to bring everyone who left a comment something cool back that wont break, it will depend though on how much you all like European pebbles cause that's probably all I'll have room for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, this blog is alive..that'll teach me to forget it. :-)

    So yeah, I disagree...surpise, surprise.
    That explains however the comments Sam has made...

    ~Lady Amy~

    ReplyDelete