Saturday, September 11, 2010

Days one and two.









*sigh* I just spent like two hours uploading and writing status's for all the pictures but I deleted it all. You can go to my brothers blog http://withabackpackandmybrothers.blogspot.com/
to see most of the pictures. I'll just put a few of the best on here. So far its been STINKING AWESOME!!!!. Fascinating and contemplating.

The plain rides were uneventful with the exception of having to chug a waterbottle full of water in a security line because their wasn't time to leave my spot and the fact that for the seven hour trans atlatnic flight my tv didn't work and it was too dark to read. We arrived the next day and to beat jetleg we didn't sleep until ten oclock Greek time. So we could adjust to the time difference better. We saw Thessaloniki the second largest city in Greece and watched the beginnings of a riot unfold on main street. Alexander not great.
Thessaloniki from the lookout point.
Far more important then the fact that I'm standing with my brother in the city that Aristotle lived and taught is the fact that in this picture I'm successfully spinning a frisbee.

Out contemplating Aristotle with my siblings and host siblings.

Today we woke up around nine and drove an hour and a half to Phillipi the place of Lydia's conversation and the site of Europe's first convert. We saw the spot of Lydias baptism and I drank some of the water.


Hiked to Amon Sul above Phillipi sat atop the watchtower

Went to Kavala a coastal town near Phillip and checked the Venetian Citadel that guarded the harbor
Then to wrap up the day we went to a small road side restaurant where I had a superb Fish Soup.
Thats all for now, I've had a couple interesting thoughts, revelations and epiphanies along the way. I'll post more about them when I"m not so tired.

Oh and here I saved the best for last.

6 comments:

  1. Haha this is FANTASTIC!!!!! Y'all look like you're having a blast :D Love the pictures, love the video...love the post in general :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Ok, seriously...the ninja game is hilarious. Just...cause. Looool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahah! looks like you guys are having a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pics ARE STINKING AWESOME! The views are just simply amazing!
    But do groups of local police usually raid the streets? Or are they just keeping an eye on you three? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that those pictures are awesome and that you must be having the best time!

    ReplyDelete