Friday, December 4, 2015

Advent 2015 The Unfinished Thought

A few days ago a brother was pondering some wisdom aloud. More to himself than the rest of us he spoke of the many different genres of music he has appreciated over the years. He mentioned how when all else fails and when the other genres have grown stale, that he can always come back to the Songs From A Secret Garden.


Obviously his choice of music is not universally applicable but it is important to understand what we trust in. What do we resort to when we're uncertain? When the day to day existence grows stale what sort of activities, people, experiences do we trust in. A few weeks ago, I was unwell. Lying in bed with a fever of 106 I realized that alot of my friends were not people who I would want around when I'm really not feeling well. A few though,  stood out to me as the sort of friends whose company would have been very comforting in a time when I was useless and vulnerable.Funny how some people we rarely think about are the people we want most when life get's difficult.

This blogpost is over because it's two in the morning.

Pax Vobiscum till tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment