Tuesday, September 30, 2014

An Interview in NYC

It's amazing how fast time goes. One week ago exactly I woke up in a hotel room in Newport RI knowing that Operation Dragon had failed. One week later, Operation Godzilla is in full swing and the prospects of achieving success are high. Objective of Operation Godzilla being to acquire a teaching position in Japan.

In the past week I applied for and asked to attend interviews with three Japanese companies. AEON, Amity and Interac. The Amity interview was this past past weekend. What was originally planned as a fifteen hour short trip to New York City turned into a thirty-eight hour adventure including but not limited to both a group and personal interview. fifteen minutes of live teaching demonstrations, navigating NYC Metro, watching a man in boxers order from Starbucks at 6am, showing up at my second cousins apartment hoping he'd let me spend the night, experimenting with Japanese Curry for the first time and a whole notepad full of random musings and realizations.

I had hoped that leaving NYC I would feel more confident and this mindset of uncertainty would be lessened. That however was not the case. I got pretty sick so I didn't sleep well and coming home on the bus was four hours of sneezing and reusing tissues. To the merited disgust of my bench mate. Certain questions were answered during my time in NYC and others, perhaps more important questions were raised like, even if they offer me the job is it the wisest choice to take it? Its a strange place to not be sure what the ideal scenario is? Yet, that is where I find myself today. My mood is less than good. I don't doubt the love of God but don't know how that should translate into what I can or should expect for my future. I end this post with that uncertainty crowding in on my mind. And I look forward to my next post when I anticipate posting something more uplifting.







No comments:

Post a Comment