Sunday, September 23, 2012

Somethings I've been Thinking About

d

Oh give us strength to face our day
With Courage as Thy sons of old,
To lift our voices in prophecies
Against the gods of stone and gold;
Give us to see and understand
The heart of man and to forgive,
Give us the faith to touch Thy hand,
Teach us, O living Lord, to live. 

The picture of the book from which this came isn't loading for some reason. You'll just have to imagine an awesome little book from 1932 with a black cover and golden lettering. I got it at my libraries booksale a few weeks ago. I read certain sections each day as part of my morning and evening times of prayer. I'm sure there isn't anything particularly special about the book but God has been using it to help me enjoy prayer more. Which is really cool, because being brought up in a Christian home there is always this pressure of, "oh I need to pray and read my bible" so its actually cool when you realize, doing those things really do help and are preferably to say playing video games and hanging out with friends.



  
This is part of the lists I've been making of the various commands and promises of God found in scripture.  It's not very big yet and I'm only through the gospels. I'm thinking of starting Psalms next but we'll see.

  
This is the book I need to teach the  freshman at my church this year. It's a difficult thing because I don't really like the book. I mean it's a fine book in that it doesn't have much wrong information in it but it's not my style. So teaching it will be difficult. I also wouldn't say the topic is worthy of a whole book. Peace is worthy of a book but how to be a peacemaker is not. Simply because when your a Christian and a slave to God being a peacemaker won't be very difficult. So if your a true Christian who doesn't believe any of this mamby pamby, stuff that, "God will give you everything you want and take nothing from you", junk, then when a person does something wrong to you then you can look to Christ who had it infinity worse than you and learn to forgive by sacrafixing what you want for the sake of Christ who died for you. I don't think being a peacemaker is about having a certain set of methods which you apply to teach situation of conflict. A peacemaker is a person with the mindset of Christ who is utterly selfish and totally sacrificial.

We'll see my first lesson is tomorrow and I'm praying hard that God will be honored by it. Goodnight for now. I'll write again later this week. Have a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment