Sunday, September 2, 2012

An Update On Life

 
I tried earlier to make a video blogpost but my movie was too long and I wasn't able to upload it. Soon I'd like to have a youtube channel for all sorts of movies but for now I'm going to attempt at reawakening my long slumbering blog. My guess is she will not be too pleased and will fight hard making my posts infrequant but we'll see. For tonight I'm going to try and explain where I hope this blog will go in the future as well as providing a quick summary of where my life has been going in the past months.
 
Previously my goal for this blog was to encourage and teach my fellow believers by creating well thought out blogposts about life, God, the scriptures and other like things. You say, "what? that was your purpose? I never would have guessed" I'l be the first to admit I did not do well in meetin that original goal but I've always been a proponent of setting goals higher then I can reach and in failure I'm still further along then I was before I set the goal meaning I'm ahead. Not that it justifies me failing to meet my goal for this blog, hence my changing of this blogs purpose. I've realized I'm neither smart enough nor adequatly in command of the english language to write well ordered constructive works of didactic worth. Therefore, as the blogs new title indicates, I'm simply going to comment and keep record of God's hands as they move in my life, both dicating my circumstances and molding me into conformatiy with the image of His son. I hope people will still find this blog worth reading as it will continue to bear testimoney to the great God whom we serve but it's purpose will no longer be for you the reader but rather for me the author.
 
That being said I proceed to a list of signifcant things which have happened to me this summer.


 
I graduated highschool.
As of next Thursday I will have earned 66 credits towards my BA in History.
I turned 18 last Saturday
I've found piano, frisbee, and certain relationships to be holding me back as a Christian and I've dropped them, at least temporarily to engage more in prayer, study of the scriptures and the reading of the Saints.
I bought my first tobacco pipe on my birthday and while I still enjoy it my expectations were not met.
I attended a good friends wedding in mid July down in North Carolina which was definitly a highlight of my summer. I got to meet two friends who I haven't seen, ever and I got to see a good friend get married to an awesome guy who I didn't find fault with, which if you know me is not an easy thing to do because I find faults in most everything.
 
 
 
 
A good weekday for me looks like this:
I. Between 5-6 I wake up to study the bible and pray and try not to fall back asleep before 7 when I have breakfast.
II. Between 7:30 and 8 we'll have family quiet time and by 9 I've usually started my college work.
III. By 12:30 I'm sick of college and facebook and I"m hungry so I'll eat.
IV 1:30 will see the end of lunch cleanup and I'll try to find a good book to read and if I haven't already drunk a pot of tea in the morning I'll make some for the afternoon.
V. If I can make it till 4 without falling asleep I'll help with the daily housecleanup and then help with dinner
VI. Dinner usually runs from 5:30ish until 7:00 when we have finished cleaningup and the coffee is brewing.
VII. 7-10 is dedicated to things like blogging, skyping/IMing with friends, prayer, smoking, writing emails and such.
 

 
VIII. Usually by ten I'm in bed unless something cool is happening
 
Note this schedule does not include, unlooked for Star Wars Battlefront II or SuperSmash Brothers Brawl games with siblings, random snacks, unforseen work oppurtunities, familiy or friendship emergencies, mom's "adventures" which are like homeschooler field trips and a host of other unkown things which arise during an average day. I'm so thankful to God for this season of my life which doesn't have me boxed into school or work from 8-5 and I'm excited to see where God leads me as I seek Him. I already feel Him as He works his magic in me as I've read Watchman Nee's The Normal Christian Life and Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret which I hope to blog about soon.
 
Well that is me as of tonight, I know lots of what I say will be misunderstood and misinterpreted because of my poor use of language and because of sin reigning in so many of our hearts. Therefore I entrust myself and this post to God as well as you who read it, may we receive in humility the grace of God which He bestows upon those unashamed of Him both in word and in deed.
 
"1 Peter 2:11-12 "Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. 12Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us."
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I had to comment because this may be the last time in my life I may be able to say this. I've already read both books you're currently reading. Ha HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I'm glad I was able to make you feel superior. :)

    ReplyDelete