Friday, February 11, 2011

The Beginnings of 2011

I havn't done a none serious post in awhile so for all my readers who are like, "oh will he just shut up with his illogical speculations", this is something you might enjoy. Prior to Christmas 2010 we had had no snow, hardly a sprinkling. Since that time Connecticut has almost beaten our record for most snow in a winter. Pretty impressive if I do say so myself. Here are some of the pictures I've taken over the past two months.

This is just the beginning. Sometime early in January we had a small dusting.

Then kabooom!! We got bombarded.....

....by storm....

...after storm....

...after storm....
..after storm, until the snowplows broke and we had to recruit the local population of garden gnomes (because garden gnomes are the only gnomes dumb enough to be caught) to shovel all our driveways and plow our streets.

After the gnomes had done their work the turkeys came along to sweep the last little bits of dirt and slush away.
left, right, left, right,left, right....."left wheel!!"left, right,left, right, "the humans have seen us, quick!!double time!!" and away they went.


Then we got another storm
The picture is blurry because the tree was shaking because of all the weight of the snow on it, not because it was so cold outside that my hands were shaking.

Since we were stuck inside so much during the storms, we had to come up with clever ways to spend our time.

Ezra conteted himself by making a house of cards in the shape of Edinburgh Castle, then destroying it because he didn't have enough cards to make it life size.

I manned my post up in my room. Reading, writing, studying and trying by will power to transform my Algebra II book into the worlds largest Snickers bar.

It didn't work so I had to go downstairs and make fudge. Which was actually superb which was surprising considering I didn't have enough rum extract to give it its usual potency.

1 comment: