Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

I think its horrible that you could ask nearly every person in america from the age of five to twenty-five and they would know automatically what Halloween is but you could ask them about St Patricks or some other less well known holiday and all they could tell is that "umm I think we get off of school that day".

That being said I'll tell you all about my Halloween and how I spent the "spookiest night of the year" Me and Jordan (13) Joshua (17) and Daniel (21) had been invited to go to my eldest brothers (25) house in New Jersey. Our second eldest brother, Joel (23) came along with his wife and we planned on spending the weekend. We left Friday night well equipped with three travel mugs of coffee, Josh's ipod hooked up to the radio and Jordan's black market supply of prehalloween candy. The three and a half hour ride went very quickly. You know your tired when you can fall asleep sitting upright, drinking a cup of coffee with Breaking Benjamin playing in the background. We all woke up when we were about ten minutes and arrived around ten oclock I think. David and his wife set us up in one of the rooms in their five room apartmeant. Not being able to resist, we played Call of Duty 4 and Halo 2 till about one oclock and then the weaker ones slowly dropped off to sleep.

The next day we got up late, (about 8:00) walked down the street to get bagels and coffee. After a leisurely breakfast we went to the park and passed the frisbee and football for a few hours. That night (halloween night) we played cards and watched Monsters vs Aliens continually being interuupted by the blasted tricker treaters.

Me at the park making an incredible catch

6 comments:

  1. What sort of a layout is that??!! You do a rim catch if your gonna make a dive. I bet you dropped it after you hit the ground.


    lol, no, nice. The real question is, why do you have spandex on your head?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shewt. I mean "you're"... not "your". Gah. I'm ruined.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha you aren't so grammatically perfect as you thought.
    Its a bandanna not "spandex", around the house my sibs call me "bandanna man man". It helps keep the hair out of my eyes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of a mild curiosity, why do you have long hair? :-)
    I generally go by the name Amy....but right now a alien from Mars. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caleb, you're really funny. And Sam, you're really funny as well, but not quite as funny because you don't write funny things on your blog as much.

    I think it would be awesome if you two wrote a book of just you guys talking back and forth with each other. Your discussions... are so... enjoyable/fascinating to read. Of course the book must include random interjections by Joey Sappy. I'm amazed that I've known you both for ten plus years, and still have no idea what words will come out of your mouth.

    signed, Caleb's older brother, and the brother of Sam's brother and so essentially Sam's brother as well.

    ReplyDelete