Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Music To Think About



In an attempt to better understand what's going on inside my head I've tried to identify a selection of songs that help me answer questions about me like, who I think I am?  who I actually am? what I hope to be? and what I care about? Music is a powerful teacher and in our culture in which music is only increasing in popularity it's important to pay attention to the music we're listening to. The person who doesn't understand themselves will never really be in control of their actions. Thinking about our music choices allows us to understand more of what is important to our spirits.

Below are 7 songs, each of which represent different aspects of my character.. I'll be writing two or three blogposts over the next week or so explaining why the songs are significant. My mind is a confusing and chaotic place and I don't totally understand all the reasons for why these songs are symbolic to me, yet they all are and I"m excited to learn more about myself as I write about them. I Hope you enjoy the music.


                                                     I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack

Blow Me Away by Breaking Benjamin

The Call by Celtic Woman

Pale by Within Temptation

Darkness by Blackmore's Night

Once In Every Lifetime

Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
by
Abigail Zsiga
                        “Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the
                         mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life
                           to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is
                                 good, just, and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but
                                   nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form" 

I don't know who wrote this but it's not from Plato like the internet says it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment